Thursday, June 24, 2010

>>> Yet another one...

... and I might be on a roll.

Listening to the Goo Goo Dolls can prove to be inspiring and my thoughts have to go somewhere, so here it goes, for whoever to see and read. This is how I'm feeling at the end of this day. You can't blame me for this. Period.

Stepped into a crowded room full of empty faces,
had a meaningful conversation laced with lies,
a night out with friends who are never seen again,

A familiar place that feels so strange and alien,
Found a lit walkway that leads to places so dark,
Walking among the crowd but feeling lost and alone.

Trying so hard, trying to be so brave and strong,
but the cracks start to show and bleed through,
defenses down and powerless, wading in the gloom.

Oh, God, take me home, filled with holes or in pieces,
it doesn't matter, doesn't matter at all,
just bring me home to my love and heart's hearth.

Holding on till I can find you and where I belong.


And for those of you who would like to listen to the track that inspired this...


Peace out.

No comments: