Tuesday, June 08, 2010

>>> Why do some women...

… look so badass with a nose-ring?

Some of them just do. Really. I reckon that it might have something to do with the way that they carry themselves and/or with the looks on their faces. But I really don't know, honestly.

And I'm only mentioning this because I saw this youngish lady on the train a while ago, and she looked really badass, nearly downright deadly, with a nose-ring. *shrug* Just one of those things I notice at odd times, I guess.

And while thinking about that, it got me thinking about an unrelated track.

If good girls like bad boys, is it safe to say that good boys like bad girls, in a near direct vice versa way?

And if such a hypothesis is true, what constitutes a 'bad girl'? Is it the presence of tattooes? Piercings? Dress sense? Bad attitude? Actions?

An interesting concept or idea to explore and discuss, but at a later point, I reckon. Unless you lot want to open it up right now, I really don't mind. *smiles*

Anyways, today has been rather dull apart from meeting Ashwin, a junior of mine from school who's the same age as me, for lunch. It was pretty good, really. He had a really good listening ear and gave me some advice that I'll definitely keep in mind for later. He complimented me on my ability to talk/speak, even if he was kind of trying to recruit me as a financial consultant (read; insurance agent).

But he respects my determination to enter the community and social services sector. The salary may not be exactly fantastic, but it should be enough and, let's face it, the system needs people to help [re]build it. And building it is going to be a challenge, seriously. But who doesn't like a challenge, eh?

Plus, there's the whole issue of the backward thinking and ignorance of the population as well as the sheer numbers of people who need help. Someone's gotta do it. I'm in this to help people.

And let's not forget that there's the whole thing about pursuing a degree [program] in Counselling. I'm planning on using my upcoming career as a springboard to getting into it, as well as time to research into which university would be best for it. I aim to be enrolled in the Art Therapy masters program by the time I'm 37, 38 at the latest.

However, I'll keep my options open. You never know, I might have to fall back on something else someday later.

Well, I'll have to get started again on finishing the last 75% of my assignment after I e-mail my lecturer about a stalled assignment and the student administrator about replacement classes as well as the attachment.

Speaking of which, I'm heading down to the Singapore Children Society (SCS) Youth Center tomorrow to enquire about the possibilities of an attachment/internship with them.

Cross your fingers and pray for me.

I'm gonna nail it somehow.

Laters, Gaters!

No comments: