Sunday, July 25, 2010

>>> Deadbeat and wasted...

... but it was worth it.

It's been a busy weekend.

Like really busy.

And I'm so beat that, by right, I really shouldn't be in front of the computer. However, lamentably, not much in my life has not ever gone by left, so this is in the same vein.

Unfortunately, due to the sheer hustle of this past weekend, it has also meant that I've been losing or missing out on sleep. So far, I've accumulated not more than ten hours of sleep in the [roughly] last 72 hours or so. Too much tossing, turning and shaking myself awake while falling into a slumber. The peaceful sleep that I crave is eluding me and I'm starting to wonder if I'm becoming a complete insomniac.

*half-shrugs*

Time will tell, in my reckoning.

To summarize the whole weekend, one word says it all: BUSY.

Seriously.

Friday was spent reading and trying to catch the ever elusive sandman in snatches, before hitting Supperclub for the debut of Funk, Soul, Dubstep and Drum'n'Bass quartet of DJs [Nez, Shafiq, Yadin & Rah] who absolutely rocked out the night. A great big thank you to Rozz for inviting me to the party, as well as for being a supportive friend in an unrelated matter. Met some really old skatemates, which was awesome. I even had my mug photographed in the club which was so coooooool. Rozz introduced me to the DJs, all the seriously crazily cool people who came including the SMG crew, his housemate Eric, full-time Junglist Andy (hope you get back to London soon!) and his girl Yana, who is such a sweetheart!
Shame on those peeps who said that they would show but didn't! SHAME!!!

Oh, and Rozz is a pretty talented rapper, freestyling like no tomorrow when he had the opportunities, drunk or not! BIG UPS TO THE TROOPER OF THE NIGHT!! *smiles widely*

However, if the [regular] crowd that night was typical of a standard night at Supperclub, I am not going there ever again. Even with Julian - an old skate buddy - as the resident DJ! The crowd was just too yuppie-like and straining to be upper-class. Not to mention that there were next to no other races other than the Chinese and some random Snob Mats. -__- *sigh* Not my kinda crowd at all.

Saturday emerged out of Friday in sleepless-addled daze after I went to sleep at eight in the morning because I could find the legendary sleep monster and ended up reading [and finishing] one of Shaan's library books.

But it was a good day since I got to spend most of the afternoon with Farrah, Cha, Ash and Bruce. We had lunch plus delicious ice-cream in Holland Village and just caught up with each other and talked a LOT. And they are so supportive, I'm truly blessed to have such friends who are like family. *smiles* Also, I managed to meet Ashvin for a short while, too, before that.

The Book of Eli should become a cult classic, especially with fans of the post-apocalyptic genre. It contains some awesome action scenes and pretty original twists. It pretty much rocks, in my honest opinion.

I miss Nani, though, my Starbucks sister from another mother. She apparently has permanent Saturdays off now. Which is awesome for her!

By the way, the Daily Scoop is an awesome, awesome place for really gorgeously delicious homemade+handmade ice-cream. And it doesn't hurt that the place has a sentimental place in my heart for obvious reasons aside from ice-cream. *wry smile*

Sunday arose from the ashes of Saturday in a a haze of filtered sunlight and waking dream-choked sight. Rushed out of the house so I could meet up with Shan to help her move things from a storage facility in Clementi to her new home in Teck Whye, which is less than 5 minutes from Sue.

Also found out that we have a mutual friend without realizing it: KENNY. Amazing how small Singapore is. I have a funny feeling that almost everyone here is connected in some way.

Plus I met another old friend from way back when I was in high school, Dinesh, who I hadn't seen in slightly over a decade. It was awesome seeing him again, honestly, and we're going to try to meet up sometime soon to catch up.

But, ouch, i swear that towards the end of the day, I felt like I was gonna crap my spine out of my ass, especially after the tiles that we had to lift and store away. And my thighs are feeling wobbly plus a little on the burning side of things.

I am going to feel it all tomorrow, I just know it.

*stretches and rubs back sadly*

But it still doesn't change the fact that it's been a good weekend.

But tomorrow...

Tomorrow fills me with apprehension and a little fear, to be honest. Probably just new job jitters, but I don't really know. I can't seem to find any reassurance and it really sucks. *breathes out in a gust* Oh, well, all I can do is work hard and try to stay out of trouble.

Thursday should be interesting, too, for other reasons.

Well, we'll just see what the mists of time reveal when they roll away as the light of the present pierces its depths.

FIN.

No comments: