Friday, July 02, 2010

>>> Electric jolts...

... and crushing pain.

For some strange reason, I experienced something that should've scared the living daylights out of me earlier tonight.

What was it?

I experienced a crushing pain in my chest that receded and gave way to having electric-like jolts of sharp pain shoot and course through my left arm. And then the chest crushing continued later on. And it came out of nowhere, like a left-field kind of sitrep.

The scary part: they're the classic symptoms of a heart attack. Wouldn't that just be the joke of the century? Having a heart attack after all the crap that's happened in the past month? *shakes head*

The pain was agonising for a while, but I laughed it off with gallows humour and made it home somehow.

Maybe it's just [subconscious] stress.

I hope so since the alternative is a bit too dicey for me to contemplate.

I think I should consider arranging for a cardiac screening or something sometime soon, just to be on the safe side.

Oh, well, off to bed.

After a smoke.

No comments: