Thursday, August 12, 2010

>>> The sky's so blue...

... and the clouds are like wisps of cotton candy.

It's amazing, considering how crazy the weather has been. It's a truly beautiful day. The kind that's good for laundry and for good men & women to pass away peacefully. I found myself looking up at the sky with a cigarette hanging loosely from the corner of my mouth and just staring at the expanse of the bright blue that stretched up, out and away.

Also discovered that I was thinking how nice it would be to just let go of this mortal shell and let the spirit climb and climb into that clear sky, to rise above the clouds and see the radiant glory of the sun. It really does feel like a good day to die...

... and then I was thinking of washing my laundry because I'm running out of boxers again. *sigh* But, what do you expect when you only have 5 boxers left from the dozen or so that you originally had?

Oh, well. *shrugs with hands spread*

And then I saw this really big bubble, floating on the wind across the field. It went so far but then I think it hit a tree and burst, which I find so sad. Such a real life metaphor: you travel so far, you go with the flow of things, think that everything is alright and getting better but then your "bubble" hits something and it pops like a weasel, dashing your plans, your thoughts & ideas and your life at that moment.

But it was a really pretty bubble.

*sigh*

Truly a beautiful day.

*deeper sigh*

No comments: