Tuesday, September 14, 2010

>>> Walking along the borders...

... of melancholy and wistfulness, steeped in the colours of fading sunsets.

While in the store, I was clearing out my wallet. You know, just to chuck out all the name cards and stuff that I don't need or that are taking up space.

And I found something that I'd clearly forgot having. And, to be honest, I felt that I shouldn't have forgotten in the first place since it's one of the most prized possessions that I have... and just for its sentimental and emotional value.

Just a small sheet, a page torn from a book, could be considered to be no more than a little slip of paper with a cute print of humanoid bird of some kind flying a single prop plane in the top right corner and filled with the print-like script of words from someone who loved me, once upon a time. And whom I still love, even now, so long after the fact, regardless of returns.

*shrugs sadly*

I remember receiving it from her just when we were starting to go out together. You know, the whole romantic phase of things, getting to know each other better. Discovering what lies beneath everything of the other and self. I miss those times and then some after.

The words upon the sheet mean so much to me... well, it will stay in my wallet till it rots, for as long as I live. No one has loved me that way before nor will again in future, for each one loves another in a different way.

*sighs deeply*

For those who care to know what's written on that slip of paper, SORRY! It's private.

TOTALLY private.

Okay? Alright then.

Suffice to say it evokes equal parts sadness and joy through melancholy and wistfulness.

Well, y'all have a good day now!

I'm off to read.

No comments: