Monday, September 13, 2010

>>> Stepped out...

... onto a field of darkness descendant.

While at work, towards the end of the shift, my mind started wandering and stepped out onto a field of darkness descending from across the horizons of my mind's eye. Something within my consciousness snapped and shuddered, like reeds in a gale.

Needing to let it out, my hands first scrawled in a rushed scribble across crinkled paper before committing the words to the screens of the wide panoramas of the internet. My fingers danced across the keys, black print almost floating off of my screen, swimming before my eyes as the words became lines, turned to phrases, transformed into a passage.

And the finished piece rests here, its tendrils of darkness seeping into the subconscious of your computer's hardwired memory...

... or perhaps it's just a figment of an active imagination. We can but hope, ey, my friends?

An inner fire grows dim,
Vessels hollow and cold.
And yet, and yet,
A sliver so slim
Familiar twitch of old
Innards writhe and sweat
Till the world explodes
In a mind's eye overload.
Do tell, fair maiden,
Where, how and when
This will go and end?


FIN.

No comments: