Saturday, February 05, 2011

>>> Getting inked...

... is like exorcising demons.

After all that delicious pain from the tattooist's needle penetrating your skin a dozen dozen over times within the span of a few seconds, the joy of seeing your freshly inked but raw and swollen flesh and the satisfaction of viewing the end-product, something that will always be an indelible part of you, inscribed into the depths of your epidermis and holds so much meaning and beauty within it.

Gorgeous scar tissue.

*dreamy sighs and fluttering eyes*

You feel lighter, too, like your burdens have been lifted from your shoulders, and your head's filled with euphoric helium, like you're floating on clouds and not walking upon hard pavement. You can't help but smile with silliness and joy.

But then again, it could be just the blood loss and body chemicals talking.

*laughs*

Yes, I have had my fourth tattoo carved into my flesh by a fine detail needle and an awesomely quick but efficient Louis of Lovesick Tattoos. And at a really strange hour, way after the sun had gone down and when the nocturnal denizens of this city-state were starting to come out of the concrete-work. But that's when it was done, under a moonlit sky within formed cement walls... Sometimes, I wonder if I would be better off having a nightjob somewhere. I seem to be more active at night, for some strange reason. But then, I do fall asleep at night, so I'm not sure how that would work out in the end.

*shrugs nonchalantly*

Go figure.

I'm still a helluva lot happier after my fourth inking.

My wallet's hurting, but I'm still happy.

Seriously.

Go figure.

Again.

No comments: