Wednesday, June 25, 2008

>>> Fatigued but satisfied

Why?

It's because, somehow, regardless of the high probabilities for complete and utter SNAFUBARs, I've been able to get quite a few things done.

Like what?

Well, like...

... last Monday's expedition with Cho'bitz and Ferret to find odds and ends for customizing clothes. We trekked all the way from City Hall [Peninsula Plaza/Hotel & Suntec] to Beach Road [Army Market] to Bedok [by train, not by foot!] to Siglap [by bus and a short way by legging it; Siglap Center] and then to Bishan [by bus, again] which is when we legged it all the way to Upper Thompson and ViD. :) It was a pretty damn good day, with getting Subway sandwiches, a few [badge] patches, and meeting Raven at her workplace in Siglap to order some cloth patches done. Oh, and I got my jersey from her. Cool, non?

Only killer thing is the fact that the patch templates would murder our noggins a few days later... OWCH.

... last Wednesday's outing with Cho'bitz and Raven to find stuff to custom a tie, which we did. You'd be surprised what you can find at Mini-Toons and 77th Street. It really is bloody amazing. Left the stuff for sewing at a tailor's in Khatib [which was collected on Sunday]... and it didn't look too shabby in the end.

The best part of the day? MY GODSON WAS BORN IN THE MORNING AT 0700 AND WEIGHED IN AT A LITTLE OVER 2 LBS!

AND I GOT TO HOLD HIM, TOO!!! Putera Nicholas Adam Fernandez, born on the 18th of June, in the two thousand and eighth year of our Lord.

My first godson.

*dreamy sigh*

... the insane BYOB gathering of people at my crib last Friday to celebrate the return of Plasticated from Kiwi-Land and birthday of my eldest godsister, Lastride. Unfortunately, Lastride couldn't make it 'coz she was sick... the cake Raven brought for her was devoured by my parents and brothers when the parentals returned on Sunday. [List of gatecrashers: Cho'bitz, Ero-Otaku, Ferret, Ghoul, Keijiro, OMGNoob, Pervalidus, Plasticated, Project:K, and Raven.]

... the dinner at Mrs H's - which is when I always get a decent three course meal- with Ferret, Ghoul, Pervalidus, Plasticated and Project:K. I provided the chicken that was turned into roast, Ferret brought the salad ingredients [which made a heaping pile on the plate which couldn't be tossed] and Plasticated brought chips for the extra bit of saltiness. And Mrs H made a wonderful apple pie - which I swear is still the bloody best in the world - which Project:K loved to bits. *grin*

... sending Project:K off at the airport with Plasticated and Ferret, which was rather tearful and sad. WE MISS YOU, PROJECT:K!!!!

Which was after crashing at Ferret's place to scan my pictures, which was preceded by me missing the stop, because I was playing on my 'new' NDS [a gift from Raven], and walking back to his place which took about 30+ minutes.

And after all this, we headed to ViD and played BF2142... and KICKED ASS!!! :D

... the craziness of getting to work late on Monday and then leaving after an hour to head for the United Square store to help out. Plasticated, I am so damn sorry for making you wait five hours for me to get off work, but thank you for waiting!!!

And, yeah, that's about it.

I'm still feeling exhausted and would love to do nothing more but to crawl into bed and curl up under the blanket.

But, I have things to do, so that's gonna have to wait till later.

"No rest for the wicked, no respite for the righteous and no peace for the dead."

No comments: