Saturday, March 29, 2008

>>> Another friend leaves the green fields of Terra...

It's been almost a week since Shun's passing and I'm only sitting here now because I have to do his memory justice, and lament the loss of another great soul who believed in living life the way you want to.

It's been nearly a week, and yet I've still been struggling to deal with the sense of loss and the small void that's he left. It's true that you never realize how much a person means to you until s/he is gone.

I'm at a loss to describe what he meant to me as a friend, to explain what he taught me while I knew him. To even say how great a guy he was. And it's not unbelievable that I can't because, well, there aren't words that would truly do him justice.

I actually miss the 'bastard', even his dirty jokes that can cause the putrefaction of the cerebral mass. The knowledge of games that he had was unbelievable and he actually indulged my 'insanities' & listened to me. And such a talented gamer, his understanding of games was nearly on a god-like plane. The first to Brigadier General in BF2142, first to Commander in CoD4 and the one man I know that has played nearly every game on the face of the planet.

And he was like the combination of an uncle and a brother figure in ViD, a veritable institution of ViD, and I know that he will be sorely missed by all. By some more than others, of course, as with all.

Even if he is probably somewhere up in the heavens, or, God forbid, down in hell having a cold one with the demons [and most probably having quite a number of those luscious succubi sidled up to him], watching us and saying "You noobs, what the fuck do you think you're doing!?" while laughing his head off.

*screams* It's too soon and too sudden, goddammit. It's not right, nor is it fair, dammit, dammit, DAMMIT!!!

But then again, when has anything ever really been fair, eh, noob?

I wish I could write more, but I think that I'm in danger of breaking down, so I'm gonna end it here.

Farewell, Shun; may we meet again, somehow, somewhere, somewhen.

*sigh*

Resistance is futile ver.1.4.0.kai
Ver 1.4.2 Silly Fools - No Regrets [by Randis Albion]


86 funerals and counting... 'twill only end 'pon my own.
But 'til then, my friends, I'll live the way that I want.

No comments: