Wednesday, June 29, 2011

>>> Ten days...

I am rather amazed.

I've not had a cigarette in ten days. Not since my monstrous asthmatic attack that sent me to the hospital. It's quite surprising, honestly. No withdrawal symptoms nor any hallucinations of any sort.

At least, not yet.

Not to say that I haven't had the urge or temptation to smoke. I mean, even thinking about subject has me in the grip of the urge. And right now, my stomch is currently scrunched up in a fetal position which is rather uncomfortable.

And with no cigarettes comes no alcohol. Haven't had a drop in what feels like an age, not even a little during the BeerFest, which is an irony in of itself.

I think that I might finally be going Straight Edge proper. We'll see what I'm like in a month, and then in three months. If I survive that long, I'll design a Straight Edge tattoo for myself. Why? As a constant reminder to not go wander off the path and keep to it. I mean, do I really wanna get something permanently inscribed onto my skin and then make it meaningless? No, I didn't think so either.

And speaking of tattoos, I [finally] finished designing the top half of a personal half-sleeve. Inspiration and reference was derived from the Time Lord sigils/seals from the Doctor Who series. I've also added my own simply designed numbers to each "planet". The central one represents my mother, the one to its left is for my father, and going anti-clockwise from there is mine, my younger brother and then the youngest brother. The two smaller ones in the lower half represent the two dogs (we always seem to own them in pairs, I have no idea why.). The star was based off something I saw on Bolter & Chainsword, and stands for freedom and a galaxy of extended family & friends since they're all stars in their own right. yes, Iknow, it all sounds so lame when it's all put down in writing, but what can you do, right? There still might be some editing later, but for now, I'm quite happy with it. I'm just trying to figure out whether it really should go on my arm or my leg.

I'll post better pictures when I can get my grubby hands on a scanner [Oh, Ghooooooooouuuuuuuullll~!!! - Kaze] and then you'll see the insanity that my mind produces in its proper form.

*laughs*

Oh, and would someone buy this for me, please? *puppy-dog-eyes*


Anyways, I have this track on my iPod and I think that it's rather brilliant. I'm not sure if anyone else is following or listening to this band, but so far, I'm pretty much happy with their sound and groove. It has me headbanging, so, yeah, of course, I'm happy! I sincerely suggest checking them out if you're into metalcore.

And now my youngest brother has me cracking my head about what metalcore song he heard a while ago from my laptop. Argh. I feel a headache coming.

Well, I'm off, still lots to do and ever so little time to do it all in.

If only I could disappear in a puff of smoke like the Nightcrawler.

Oh, well.

Laters!

... and not a puff of smoke.

No comments: